Monday 7 February 2011

Betty for life :)


I last wrote a mammoth 6 months ago........ I can't believe it has been that long! A challenging and eye opening time it has been; but after making a few difficult decisions we're out the other side with a brighter outlook!

After coming back from Shanghai, i threw myself into work and hid away in a shop for a couple of months. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of managing a flagship store, i really struggled to get back in to London life. I missed Shanghai and performing everyday so much, working in the store acted as a much needed distraction, although as my 2 months there came to an end i came to the realization that i had a big decision to make.

I have worked for the brand SweatyBetty for 5 years and they have always been an amazingly supportive and flexible employer. The people i have met through the company will be friends for life; they are all inspirational and strong women and i am so lucky to have had the pleasure of working with them. I felt like i had achieved all i could for the company and they had absolutely done more than enough for me, and so i came to the decision that my life as a 'betty' had come to an end. Sad as it is, i feel this is absolutely the right decision for me, right now. No matter what jobs i have done in the past, I know (and have always known) that i am actress first and foremost. I need to give myself the time to focus on my career, to work on my skills, to create as well as to be cast. I will always be grateful to sweatyBetty for the support they have given me, i am excited about becoming a customer but will secretly always think of myself as a Betty .....for life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment